Why is it so important for us to measure the impact and success of our programs? How does doing so help us to better manage our current programs, and anticipate challenges and opportunities in our future programs?
Measures and Measurement Instruments
A. “When health educators are planning an evaluation to measure whether or not the program participants have met the objectives of a program, they need to be skilled in order to measure the program outcomes… When health educators are asked to interpret the results of a program evaluation to a group of stakeholders, the need to be competent in communicating how the program outcome measures produced the program results. In reading the examples above, expand on the significance of measures and measurement in health program design and implementation.
1. Why is it so important for us to measure the impact and success of our programs?
2. How does doing so help us to better manage our current programs, and anticipate challenges and opportunities in our future programs?
3.What do we learn from this process?
B. Please read the following scenario and answer the corresponding questions:
Good news! You have just received notification that your grant proposal was selected and approved. The funding agency is excited about the possibilities you have presented in your proposal, and they are looking forward to the difference you will make in the community. However, they are concerned with the difficulty you may face in measuring the results of your intervention. The intervention seeks to prevent at-risk women from developing heart disease using monthly screenings, educational seminars, and social marketing efforts. Per the request of the funding agency, you have been asked to select and/or design a measurement instrument to evaluate the results of your program.
a. Choose your measures:
What types of measures will you use, and why?
b. Select a measurement instrument:
1. Are you planning to use an existing measurement instrument? If so, how are you going to identify, obtain, and evaluate it for your program?
2. If you are planning to create a new instrument, what are some examples of instrument that you could create?
3. What key steps would you need to take into consideration?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT