Identify and involve key stakeholders in the design of their emergency procedures and protocols for a client who presents with mental health symptoms that require immediate diagnosis and appropriate case management in line with hospital policies and procedures.
Develop an individual analytical literature review that examines a contemporary issue in nursing and health care.The mental health of young people and psychiatric nursing
Sophie is a nurse working in the emergency department (ED) of a 400 bed metropolitan hospital. She is newly graduated and likes the busy feel and teamwork of emergency departments. Six months ago, she began a post-graduate certificate in the field of emergency nursing but worries at times about her ability to assess clients. This is particularly the case when patients with mental health problems present.
On her first ‘solo’ triage shift, a very agitated 17 year old man named Ricky is brought in by his parents. Sophie is able to ascertain that he has been smoking marijuana constantly over the previous months and has been very irritable at home. His parents have observed him apparently talking to himself on occasions during the past week and say they are very worried about him. His academic performance at school has also declined noticeably and his parents describe him as much more ‘withdrawn’ than a year ago.
Sophie is aware that the ED is very busy and that she needs assistance in managing Ricky and supporting his family. She is also feeling physically threatened by him. She decides to contact Mark, the Mental Health Nurse attached to the Crisis Assessment Team (CAT) who is on call from the Acute Psychiatric area of the hospital, so that together they can put into place a management plan for Ricky and his family.
Sophie, in conjunction with Mark the mental health liaison nurse, are required to design a course of action to deal with a client who exhibits psychosis symptoms within the emergency department. Sophie and Mark are required to identify and involve key stakeholders in the design of their emergency procedures and protocols for a client who presents with mental health symptoms that require immediate diagnosis and appropriate case management in line with hospital policies and procedures.
The mental health of young Australians
Potential issues/theories to be researched include:
• major current mental health issues in the Australian population aged 12 – 24 years
• management of psychosis in emergency departments
• models of crisis management within the emergency department
• roles for nurses in prevention and management.
Presentation Guide for Assignment One
• Your report should have double spacing and 12 point font size.
• Your margins should be set at 2 cm for left and right margins.
Format for writing an analytical literature review
1. Paragraph 1Click here for more on this paper…….
Ensure that you document in your introduction:
• what topic/theme you intend to research in the body of your analytical literature review
• the current issues and theories that you will examine in the body of your literature review
• the key themes and concerns that will be analysed in the body of your literature review. (This requires only one sentence to highlight what you intend to investigate)
• The current gaps in the literature on the chosen topic.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT