Due Week 10 and worth 100 points
Refer back to all of the assignments you have completed related to Reliable Pharmaceutical Supply. Read the following specifications and answer the questions in an eight to ten (8-10) page paper.
To process a prescription order, RPS needs to know about the patients, the nursing home, and the nursing home unit where each patient resides. Each nursing home has at least one, but possibly many, units. A patient is assigned to a specific unit. An order consists of one or more prescriptions, each for one specific drug and one specific patient. An order, therefore, consists of prescriptions for more than one patient. Careful tracking and record keeping is crucial. In addition, each patient has multiple prescriptions, and one pharmacist fills each order.
1. Based on the above information, create an entity-relationship diagram that shows the data storage requirements for the system using Visio or its open source alternative software. Add six (6) attributes to each data entity and show minimum and maximum cardinality. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
2. Then, create a domain model class for the same information using Visio or its open source alternative software. Include six (6) attributes for each class and show minimum and maximum multiplicity. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
There are several points in the order-fulfillment process at which information must be recorded in the system. Case manifests must be printed at the start of each shift. Because a prescription may take a long time to be used completely, information must be entered into the system each time a medication is sent, noting the quantity sent and which pharmacist filled the prescription for that shift.
Prescriptions contain basic information such as ID number, original date of order, drug, unit of dosage (pill, teaspoon, suppository), size of dosage, frequency of dosage, and special instructions (take with food, take before meals). There are several types of prescriptions, each with unique characteristics. Some orders are for a single, one-time-use prescription. Some orders are for a number of dosages. Some orders are for a certain time period. Information about the prescription order must be maintained. An order occurs when the nursing home phones in the needed prescriptions. Because prescriptions may last for an extended period of time, a prescription is a separate entity from the order itself. The system records which employee accepted and entered the original order.
The system has basic data about all drugs. Each drug has generic information such as name, chemical, and manufacturer. More detailed information for each type of dosage, such as the size of the pill, is also kept. A single drug may have many different sizes and types.
Information about the fulfillment of orders must also be maintained. For example, on a prescription for a number of pills, the system must keep a record of each time a pill or number of pills is dispensed. A record is maintained of which pharmacist fulfilled the order. Assume all prescriptions are dispensed only as needed for a 12-hour shift.
1. Develop an activity diagram for each use case related to entering new orders, creating case manifests, and fulfilling orders using Visio or its open source alternative software (at least three (3) total diagrams). Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
2. Develop a system sequence diagram for each use case using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
3. Develop a state machine diagram for an order using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
CIS510 – Assignments and Rubrics
6. Design a three-layer architecture using Visio or its open source alternative software for this new system. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
The RPS system has users who process orders in the Reliable offices and users who place orders and monitor order information in the nursing homes.
1. Design two (2) separate menu hierarchies, one (1) for Reliable employees and one (1) for nursing home employees.
2. Write out the steps of the dialog between the user and the system for the use case Place new order for nursing home employees.
3. Review the input form you created for collecting orders from the nursing homes. Identify all of the input controls necessary to ensure the prescriptions are correct. Recommend other procedures or controls to ensure that there are no mistakes with prescriptions.
4. Create a work breakdown structure of your proposed plan. Write a memo to the senior executive team at RPS that includes a summary of the created system and three (3) recommendations for future changes / improvements to the system.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT